Home » , , , » Create an aged Flower Planter in minutes

Create an aged Flower Planter in minutes

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 | 2:00 AM

Just like the walls in my house, planters on my patio get their fair share of color changes as well. I planted some beautiful wave petunias in a planter on the patio the other day.
I  love these wave petunias and the way the flowers cascade off the sides, just not the color of the planter they were sitting in. I do however like this planter because of the raised design of vine and grapes, and thought it would look perfect aged.
After cleaning the planter off, I began painting using some chalk paint in Old Orche color.
Because I wanted the green undercoat to peek through, I was careful not to apply to much brush pressure and coverage to the grapevine areas.
I applied two coats of paint and let the planter dry before applying a poly coat to seal it.
Beautiful and aged! The result is exactly what I thought it should look like.
And the flowers are pretty too!
Sharing my aged planter over at :

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Dream House Experience - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger