Home » , » If you can sew a straight line, you can make these pillows

If you can sew a straight line, you can make these pillows

Written By Unknown on Sunday, April 22, 2012 | 8:14 AM

A few weeks ago I shared some pillows here that I made for my nephew
I typically don't sew. I am too impatient to use a pattern , not good enough to install a zipper and have no clue how to use a serger. But when I stated seeing all of these awesome pillow creations made out of drop cloth, thought it was time to bring out the Singer and see what I could do. I am here to tell you that If you can sew a straight line, stencil and stuff your pillows you can make these pillows too!
 Measure your pillow, allow for at least 1/2 inch on each side for your hem. This pillow is 18 inches, so I cut my piece 19 inches ( and a tad bit more). I am doing an envelope style insert, so fold your fabric over on the pillow to make sure it fits before you pin.
After pinning, I stitched up the 4 sides of my pillow using a simple straight stitch on my machine.
Remove any excess fabric so it does not create additional bulk inside your seams
 
Flip pillow to the outside and insert your pillow form
This is what the back side should look like
Front Side
And Edges
I added stenciled numbers cut from my Silhouette machine and applied with black fabric paint. Important- When applying fabric paint, be sure to place a piece of cardboard inside the middle of your pillow insert so that the paint does not bleed through the back side of your pillow.
Told you, it's as easy as counting 1,2,3!
Come back Tuesday where I bring two of my latest pillow creations to a slumber party over at Pillowpalooza.
Happy Sunday and Sewing!!
Sharing with:

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Dream House Experience - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger